Prague Christmas Markets Walking Tour
Prague Christmas Markets Basic Information
Explore the 3 most central Christmas Markets in Prague and get local advice on others to explore during your stay. Get the tips and tricks on how to enjoy the Christmas Markets, what to look out for and what to avoid.
- 2.5 Hours Duration
- Native English Presentation
- Maximum 6 People
- Street Food and Drink (optional)
- Old Town Square, Republic Square and Wenceslas Square Markets
- Tickets are CZK600 (Adult) and CZK300 (Child)
- Runs only in December up to December 23rd
- Tour begins on Wenceslas Square and ends on the Old Town Square
With a 3pm start we begin in the daylight and go off the beaten path into one of the passages on the square to see some modern art and a pleasant walled garden. When we come back onto Wenceslas Square it’ll be getting darker and I’ll show you what to expect from the markets including souvenirs, food/drink and learn how “pay-by-weight” works.
Then we’ll dive into Czech Christmas Traditions including:
- ST Barbora and a Cherry Tree
- Mikulas Night
- Sending Cards
- Making Christmas Sweets
- Buying a Carp
- The Christmas Tree
- Christmas Day
- Walnuts and Candles
- Cutting Apples
- Melting Lead
- A Golden Pig
- Writing on Doors
- PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS TOUR IN DECEMBER 2021 IS REFUNDABLE IF THE CITY DOES NOT ALLOW THE MARKETS TO TRADE.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT IN DECEMBER 2021 THE TOUR WILL BE TOUR-ONLY. THERE WILL BE TIME BUILT INTO THE TOUR TO STOP FOR FOOD/DRINK ETC BUT IT WILL NOT BE PART OF THE CHRISTMAS MARKETS TOUR
We’ll stay off the beaten path to get over to our next Christmas Market but not before you’ve had a chance to see one of Prague’s hidden artistic masterpieces.
At Republic Square we’ll stop for your choice of food and drink from the street stalls which is included in the price (sSEE ABOVE CHANGES). The choice of food and drink is from any stall at Republic Square. Old Prague Ham (200g), Hot Dog, Bramborák, Langoše, Halušky (200g), potato twirls, corn-on-the-cob, toasted almonds etc. The drink choice will include hot or cold beverage, alcoholic or non-alcoholic, beer (0.5L), mulled wine (0.2L), cider (0.2L) or medovina (0.2L). I encourage people to mix’n’match to try different combinations.
Then we’ll explore parts of the Jewish Quarter before making our way onto the Old Town Square to learn about the Christmas Tree, see it in all it’s glory and arrive in time for the sound/light show if we time it right.
Like the sound of it? Use the Calendar to Select Date, Select Time and the required tickets. Payment by credit/debit card. The confirmation contains the meeting point details, photos, map and my contact details. You’ll receive a reminder email 48 hours before your tour but if you have any questions feel free to Contact Me.